Fireworks....

how old was your first child when they went to fireworks?
My DD is 13 months is that to young?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter was 7 months old last Fourth of July. So, no 13 months isn't too young. Although, we did just watch them from a friend's house window in Atlantic City. My daughter is now 19 months and my son is 3 weeks old, we live in Los Angeles...My husband and I are not going anywhere because we don't want to drive our babies with drunks out tonight. So, it all depends where you go and if you feel safe enough to drive somewhere with your baby. Should be fun and interesting for your daughter though. Happy 4th!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My daughter saw them when she was a few months old, but we were a ways away so the sound wasn't too loud. She saw them again this year at 16 months and loved them. Lots of "whoa"s.
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• my dd was almost 10 mons the first time almost 2 the second and almost 3 this year and loved them every year!!
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 6:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My DD was 13mos the first time she really saw them and she LOVED them! I think it really just depends on the child, to how they will react. Just try it out, and make sure you tell her and point to where they are so she isnt startled and she should be fine!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My dd was 13 months old when she first saw them. She was terrified. She is 26 months old now; and she was more terrified than ever. Give it a try, we do. Just make sure you bring her inside ASAP if she is really scared.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2009