Can two different social economic statuses work?

I am in an off and on relationship with my son's father and we have two different social economic backgrounds and I have been a single parent for a while,so I understand what it is like to struggle or two make sacrifices or be economically in my spending because I have a household.How do I make him understand?He has always lived the good life and sometimes and he does not kow what it is to make sacrafices.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Well he should start learning now cause living the GOOD life is'nt all that.
    Anonymous

• IF he lives the good life and you struggle, maybe he should be helping out more finacially t the care of his son. However, as far as him understanding what it is like to struggle and sacrafice he probably won't until he himself has to deal with that situation.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I suppose it could work, if both parties were willing to walk a mile in the others shoe!
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Why sacrafice if you don't have to? If he can and wants to spoil your child and you, let him.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think it can work. Before marriage I had had everything given to me. My DH had to work for everything he got (even school clothes!) Now we've had our financial up and downs and I've learned! lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2009