Heartburn and what to take for it?

what is the safest thing to take for heartburn while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ask your doctor, mine said tums
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• doctors always tell you to take tums or rolaids, but that just didn't work for me so i took ranitidine 75 mg i think, and now i have a healthy 6 week old :)
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 4:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I dont like tume, but I take these generic pills that are made with the same thing as pepto bismo and they work instanly and hold up all day. my doctor and the pharmacy said they were ok...good luck
    Anonymous

• I take a glass of milk that always helped me then i found rolaids and they worked just as good.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Dairy is always good, but it never worked for me during my first pregnancy. But about 5 TUMS did. It's one of the few things safe enough to take during pregnancy for heartburn. Even if you have to take 5.
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• With my 1st I carrid liquid antacid with me everywhere and drank it all the time... That was the only thing that worked..
    armymom2007

Answer by armymom2007 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009