Are these moms really that bad?

Every time I read a post on here about a step mom complaining about a biological mom,it seems like the poster always says that the BM is a bad person.Whether it's about them using drugs or mistreating the child,or whatever.But they always make her look bad.I am wondering,are their really that many bad moms out there? Or are these step moms just saying that because they don't like the BM and they want to make her look bad?What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• yeah some bashing there but maybe thats why some men got rid of there wives for some of those reasons it really all depends on the situation though
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Well I have to tell you I am a step-mom also and the kids mother is a really good person her and I get along prettty well, I have known her longer then my Hubby. My Hubby and her just are to different people and they spent 10 yrs together it just did'nt work out for them and him and I have wonderful relationship and she is very happy for us. She has a great boyfriend now herself and we just had them over for a BBQ. I think that it's wonderful for the children to see that we all get along.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My ex used to speak badly about his wife before me and I thought that she was a fruit cake... then I found out that he was SO BAD! I left him and I bet he is telling his new girlfriend that I am crazy just like he told me about his ex.

Anonymous

• I think some of it stems from jealousy in one way or another...but you see the same types of posts from bio-moms bashing on the ex's new SO as well, so it goes both ways. I think there are going to be times when what they are saying is true, but majority just comes from jealousy, or they don't like her or whatever.
    Anonymous

• being a step mom.. i dont think our BM is a bad mom, i dont like her as a person or agree with anything she does as a mom, but i dont think shes a bad mom... un educated at being a mom, putting her self first a lot yes but not bad
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• my ex says horrible things about me and his wife believes him even tho countless people have told him he is in the wrong
    Anonymous

• have told her ***
    Anonymous

• There are bad parents everywhere. There are bad moms, step-moms, dads, step-dads who ever. Some are abusive, some are addicts, some ignore the kids, some are too strict. I think it all depends on the eye of the complainer. If you remember back to high school when one of your friends was complaining about another person at school. They would sit there and say how horrible they were, but you knew a different side or didn't know any side. I think it is kind of like that. Now are there bad parents out there? Yes, but to what degree? We won't know unless we see it in person.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My friend's ex goes on and on about how terrible a mom she is, and how she neglects the kids and all she wants is the money he sends. Like $150 a month, IF he pays it, really goes far for two kids! If she asks him to help pay medical or dental bills, (SHE is the one paying for health insurance, too) he accuses her of neglecting the kids health. He chose to move halfway across the country from his kids, but If she has to travel for work, he claims she is neglectful.

I think a lot of women believe their men when the guy complains about his ex.
    Anonymous

• "I think a lot of women believe their men when the guy complains about his ex."

Yep! I totally agree... its actually one of those dating "red flags". If you current SO can say NOTHING but bad things about his ex, he will probably say nothing but bad things about you too if you ever leave him.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2009