I just was w ondering how long the gerber first foods can stay out ? Like formula is 1 hour, I know in the fridge unused is 3 days but what about the portion left from her feeding?

wishingforsleep

Asked by wishingforsleep at 4:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It says on the jar USE WITH IN 2 DAYS.
    Anonymous

• 2 days and if you feed your baby from that jar then just throw it out. When in doubt throw it away.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I know, I worte that I know for the fridge, I was asking the leftover from the feeding, ya know like a bottle is good out for an hour, how does it work for the first foods??
    wishingforsleep

Answer by wishingforsleep at 4:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If you feed from the jar and there is some left you have to throw it away. The spit left on the spoon gets in the food and kind of digests it, it gets really runny and can grow bacteria.

How long do you leave your food out? ok, that's the same for your baby's food. If you let your "real" peas sit out for X hours/mins then throw it away it's the same for your baby.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• what would you suggest??
    wishingforsleep

Answer by wishingforsleep at 4:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2009