• In the Spotlight:

For those who's babies didn't start off sleeping through the night...

About what age were they when they did begin sleeping through the night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter slept through the night the first time at around 6 months. She's 9 months now and still wakes up a little almost every night again because she's getting two more teeth.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am sleep-deprived at the moment, my newborn son has his days and nights confused. So, hmmm..I think my daughter started to sleep well though the night at 3 months old. But remember, once there's teething or anything else going on, then there's nights where your child will wake up in the middle of the night again. It's fun, isn't it? lol. The joys of parenthood. I'm gonna take a nap now, my babies are finally napping at the same time in the day. That's a perk.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My first, slept through the night by 4 months. My second on the other hand is 18 months and still does not sleep through the night. Hopefully soon he get it!
    Anonymous

• What do you mean by "through the night"?
    The official meaning is 5 or more hours in a row. Mine was over 6 months before she did that.
    Then there's from the time I go to bed until morning. She didn't do that until 10 months when she actually slept all night...
    The final step - "all night" - from her bedtime until morning. She did that at 10 months as I said. Once. Then she didn't do it again until after 12 months. And she didn't do it regularly until after 14 months. Even now at almost 3 she still sometimes wakes.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• 3 and a half months. there be 4 months on july 6. and they still wake maybe one time a night. I have twins so its harder. if my 2 little guys sleep all night its from like 10pm to about 6 or 7 am. and they may have got up for a bottle and then fall right back to sleep. but thats like 5 times week now. so there still not 100% yet. I'd be happy in bed by 10 and up at 6am. i hope soon but thats just me.
    angeltwinpain

Answer by angeltwinpain at 8:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My four kids all started sleeping through the night by 3-4 months - that's from around 11 to around 7 - I don't consider 5 hours to be "through the night"

Answer by missanc at 8:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My DS was able to do it at 3 months, however, it wasnt consistant it was just at 3 months he did it and I knew he was capable. Sometimes he would sleep through and other nights he would not.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• ugh my LO didnt start sleeping all night untill 9.5 months! and i must say its such a beautiful thing!
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 10:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• She's been sleeping thru the night since 2 1/2 months old (She just turned 3 months so it hasn't been to long). She goes to sleep about 8 or 9 and wakes up at 6:30 or 7 the next day. We started her getting used to going to bed at the same time every night since the first day we brought her home and it's really paying off now. :D
    melissa0425

Answer by melissa0425 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My son is almost three months and now he sleeps for anywhere from 4 to 8 hours every night, depending on how tired he is. He started doing this about a week ago and it has been heaven to me ever since.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 4:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2009