co sleeping question

for those who co sleep do you lay your baby on a pillow or what? i would think if they are layin flat on the matress the pillows you are using could cover their face and they could suffocate. i dont co sleep im just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they have co sleepers for babys at like walmart and target..anywhere they have baby stuff
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• At night, my son sleeps in a bassinet next to my bed, lightly swaddled. In the beginning, we co-slept with him using my Snoogle body pillow. I would nestle him in the crook of the Snoogle, head on the bed, not the Snoogle. He developed an infection and had to be admitted to the pediatric ward for 10 days, during which he had to sleep alone in the hospital bed, so when he came home, he was used to sleeping by himself and we didn't want to go backwards.

Now he sleeps in a bassinet by the bed, but every morning when he wakes for his 5 or 6 am feeding, I heard him rustling and usually bring him into the bed with me to buy another precious 30 minutes or so. I pull my pillow off to the side so I can still lie on it, but I put him flat on the bed, on his back, and only cover him with the edge of the sheet, since my body temp warms him, too.
    KarenAmbrose

Answer by KarenAmbrose at 5:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• No, laying them on a pillow is dangerous, because the can roll off onto their face. We have separate blankets for me and hubby, and the baby sleeps about breast level, away from the pillow.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• no pillow for my son and my so uses the same blankets as me i havent had any problems its 70% less likly for your newborn to die from sids if they co sleep
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 5:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• We started out co-sleeping and still do sometimes. Yes we put her head on a pillow. When I was first co-sleeping with her, I didn't even use a pillow. I just laid there with her with the cover below my waist so that I didn't have to worry about that. I didn't use a pillow then because it was before I lost my breastmilk and I was nursing her at night, so having a pillow would have made things very awkward for us.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I started using a pillow after she was a few months old. Once she started moving around on her own and she could turn over easily.
    crystaleve29

Answer by crystaleve29 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• my lil one is 13months now and has slept with me from day one,me her and hubby share a blanket.i started giving her a pillow mabe when she was around 10months,sometimes she sleeps with one sometimes she doesnt.i rotate her a few times threw the night also.i put her on a toddler bed for naps during the day on a pillow,she seems to sleep better,i just keep checking on her.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I just put her on the mattress and she had her own blanket co-sleeping was the best thing I've ever done my dd and I are so close I love it. She's now going on 3 and sleeps in her bed most of the time and I can honestly say when she sleeps in her own bed I miss her
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• my daughter is 9 months old and is a co-sleeper. she sleeps with her head at breast level on the mattress.shes breastfeed. she doesn't use a pillow. she uses the same blankets as us only chest level on her.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My daughter and I co-sleep after she wakes up to eat at night (usually from around 5-8am). When she sleeps with me she sleeps tucked, on her side, with my arm around her and her head on my shoulder. I sleep on my back or on my side with my arm or arms around her.

0Jenna0

Answer by 0Jenna0 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2009