Showering with your children?

Would you let you 6 year old son in the shower with you, both fully unclothed? Would you let your 6 year old daughter in the shower with your husband, both fully unclothed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• helll no..thats how you spark curiosity! children at that age are too old to do that, and they can see a little too much..thats not good
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i wouldnt just me but its up to u i like to showers by myself... but they will ask aboout body parts at that age... i was give a bath to my sonand my brothers girls were helping and nasya said i know what that is and said what it was and shes 6 almost 7 and she learned in school!
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 5:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think six is a bit old. My ds is 4 and I took a shower with him several months ago. We have a new house and it has a huge shower (5' x 4') and he wanted to try it. The tile is slippery and I wanted to be extra careful so I jumped in with him. He washed himself. IMy dd is 8 and my dh hasn't let her even see him in his underwear since she was like 2. I know it's kind of a double standard.
    Anonymous

• No!
    I stopped doing that with my son when he was 2 1/2. I think it should stop by age 3 IMO. Maybe if she were a girl i would have done it a bit longer. ...but still. 6 is MUCH to old.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I agree. Six is too old, think about it for half a second.....what part of an adults body would be at eye level for them? Ready for those kind of questions and curiosity?
    Anonymous

• No at this age it really would be considered inapporate.

All 3 of my children (2 girls and 1 boy)would as small children under 2yrs would share a shower with their father or my self. One daughter reached up and grabbed a hold asking what's that at aprox, 18m and that ended that. With our other daughter dad stopped "helping" at about 1 year. As for my son (this one did nurse after 6 weeks) pinched my nipple so that was it for him about 1 yr. also.
    Hope this helps honestly after 2yrs old I feel it just not right.
    andrea952

Answer by andrea952 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My 5 year old son doesn't even shower with his dad any longer. He showers by himself.

I have never showered with any of the boys. They have showered with their daddy since birth, until they were old enough to start washing themselves with minimal help.
    Anonymous

• At 6, no. I can't think of ANY reason why I would be willing to that. Jump in fully clothed b/c they puked on me or something, yes, maybe. That is much too old. I try not to let my kids see me naked. They don't really grasp the concept of privacy, though, so I'm always saying, "Please go away and let me get dressed!" lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If it makes you or your kid uncomfortable, then don't do it, but if your family doesn't have issues with nudity, I don't see a problem. My kids bathed with me until they wanted to bathe by themselves and we still have an "open door" policy in the bathroom. My kids usually go in and out of the bathroom multiple times when I'm taking a shower and getting dressed. My family was the same way. Nudity just isn't an issue for me or my kids. My husband never bathed with the kids though. He grew up in a much more private family than I did so he's just not comfortable with it and that's okay too.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Nudity just really isn't an issue for us. I don't gen bathe witht he kids at all b/c its my one moment of peace but if there was some crazy reason I needed to.... yeah I do it.
    They see me naked anyways when I'm getting dressed etfc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2009