Okay Ladies, I have chicken to make for dinner!

Now what the heck do I make with it?!

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 5:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Do you have pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and a grill?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• what part of the chicken, what else do you have to go with it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Chicken breasts. I have green beans or salad or pasta salad that I can make with it. Pretty much my cabinets are bare tonight, but I don't want to go to the store....
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 5:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I have the garlic, the brown sugar, and a grill. (*sigh*) why does it seem like my mom had a perfect meal made every night and now that I'm grown I don't know what to do?!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 5:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Can you just grill it with bbq sauce or teriyaki sauce? It's the 4th so you have to grill for sure :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I wish I could. The catch with that one: picky eater for an SO and he does not like bbq or teriyaki. Which saddens me!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 5:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Do you have any italian dressing? You could make a marinade with the dressing and grill the chicken, my dh is super picky and LOVEs it cooked that way. Then you could put it over the salad. Add some pasta noodles and you have a complete meal.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I like Nathskitten's idea. That sounds really good.
    Anonymous

• You could bake the chicken then slice it and serve over spaghetti with sauce from a jar.

Or you could bake it in the oven. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, cover with foil and bake at 350 around 40 minutes to an hour until done.

Answer by Bmat at 7:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Here is what I ended up doing.... I sliced up a yellow onion and a red pepper and sauteed them in a frying pan with olive oil, Lea and Perrins, and some McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning. I did that for about five minutes. Then I took the veggies out and cooked the chicken for five minutes on either side. Then I put the veggies back in and cooked for five more minutes on either side. It actually turned out really really good!
    I am; however, putting some of the items suggested on my grocery list for next time so I can use some of the ideas from this post! Thanks everyone!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2009