is it okay that i got sun burned today at the lake?

11 weeks pregant...i stayed on a float in the water most of the time, and hydrated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wear sunblock next time.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Well, whether or not is ok is irrelevant right now; either way, you're still burned. Sunburn doesn't cause anything to happen to your baby....believe me, you're the only one suffering right now.

Wear sunblock with a SPF over 30 that blocks UVA and UVB rays.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Take a bath with 2 cups of white vinegar in the water it will relieve some of the discomfort. Also make sure to wear sunscreen next time.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• lol If you're Italian like me you'll be tan by tomorrow.
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• you will be okay. i got badly sunburn a few weeks ago when i was 16-17 weeks pregnant and i suffered so much. i took a lukewarm bath to cool down but it put my body into shock i guess and my legs got a blue and spotted. i was so scared i cried.. but i wrapped up in a blanket and ate some hot chicken noodle soup and was all better.. the burn sucked. but you will be ok. i blistered bad. i am still peeling. i have irish skin so i burn easily and i fell asleep in the sun so it got bad.. but i am okay and i am about 19 weeks along now and no problems. baby is still active as hell. lol.
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• if your body overheats past 102*, your baby can develop a fever in the womb. next time, stay out of the sun (while pregnant). my friend had her baby prematurely because she got too hot at the beach one day. the baby had a fever when born.
    Anonymous