• In the Spotlight:

Find work in school

Hi ladies,

I have a question that i hope someone can answer.
I would love to work for a public school. It doesnt matter what part of the school, cafeteria, office etc . My preference is the office, but i dont know how do i go about it.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how do i go about this?? I currently live in brooklyn, ny and dont know where to start searching or applying.

Thanks in advance ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Right now, good luck. Most schools are in a hiring freeze. However, I would not give up hope completely. Check out your local school districts website. You can google your districts name and the website should be one of the first few. They should have an employment section. Most schools require you to submit an application online. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I agree with everything JeremysMom had to say. I have my teaching certificate and am currently looking for a teaching job (I'm in MI). Unfortunately, not too many districts are hiring new employees since there are a lot of ones laid off.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If you were in Chicago, I would tell you to check the job boards at the Chicago Public Schools main office.
    If you have school age children, call the administrative office of the school they attend.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2009