What did you do for your child's 5th birthday?

My son' s 5th birthday is coming up in a few months. Since his birthday is in October, I pretty much have to have his party place booked by the beginning of August because of all the fall festivals. Anyways, I am looking for some ideas for a fun birthday party. Where did your child have their party at? What types of gifts did he/she receive? How many kids did you invite? Thanks in Advance!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 5:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My boys (now 5 and 7) have winter birthdays that are 3 weeks apart, so we combine their parties.

Since we're in PA, we're relegated to indoor activities (at their current ages). The one thing they LOVED and have requested for their next birthdays is to go to "Bounce U" which is an indoor inflatable play place with "moon bounce" type activities--including 3-story high inflatable slides, an inflatable boxing ring with oversized inflatable gloves and head gear, inflatable football field and basketball courts.

Even though we combine their parties--inviting their respective classmates, their siblings, my husband and I split up and each child gets their own pizza party and gift rooms with their respective friends.

We also have a semi-covered ice skating rink, indoor waterpark and hotel nearby which we'll consider for parties as they get older! Having boys mean keeping them ACTIVE!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• We had a simple party of just us. I baked a cake and we sang and he opened his gifts. That was it. I made him what he asked for for dinner.

Soon enough they will be wanting to hang with friends and only have us as background noise to their parties so Im just doing small family only gatherings for the next few years.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2009