• In the Spotlight:

what is causing this?

I have numbness,and sensitive to the touch feelings only in my right toes-what is causing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Health

• This is very interesting and makes me curious. The toes have the nerve endings, so I'm wondering if you have a pinched nerve somewhere. Have you ever seen a chiropractor? Have you fallen or somehow done some different kind of exercise or movement?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Could it be a spinal problem? It would be a good idea to get checked, so if necessary you could get treatment.

Answer by Bmat at 6:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Did you go out with high dancin' shoes?
    =)
    When I go out and I wear my heels for prolonged periods of time my toes will go numbfor a few days.
    If it doesn't go away i nthe nexy 4 days, maybe get an X-Ray done to see whats up.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Could be a lot of things....beginning sign of diabetes, pinched nerve in your back or leg, wearing too tight of shoes, etc. If it lasts more than a week, see a doc.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I had 2 toes on the one foot that sound like this. I went to my chiropractor and told him the symptoms and he gave me an adjustment. The tingling went away. If you are not properly aligned your nerves will get pinched and can cause all kinds of weird sensations in places that you would never think came from "your back". Try a chiropractor!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 7:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Are you pregnant? When I was pregnant I couldn't feel 3 of my fingers on my right hand for the last 3 months. Anyways, you might want to check with your doctor.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• No Im not pregnant but Its been this way in my toes for a good while and its just getting worse. I told me doc awhile back and she put me on water pills.It back and has been for some time.Im seeing another doc cuz i dont have insurance anymore so im seeing a doc in a clinic whop has ordered blood work.Financially, thisd will work for me.I want to see if a chiropractor would take payments.
    Anonymous