Do you believe in bad Karma/bad energy?

I personally believe if you surround yourself with bad energy and a bad attidtude that it forms your whole day, years even.
But have you ever just woke up in the morning with a bad feeling? And have the day go horribly wrong, no matter how happy you try to be?

I hate days like that.
Do you believe in bad energy Karma?

DesignerMom0801

Asked by DesignerMom0801 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To some degree, yes. I believe that you can only screw people over so many times before it all comes back to bite you in the ass REAL HARD. My friend Ally had the most perfect boyfriend in the world for 7 years. He treated her like a queen and was the sweetest guy. Well she cheated on him constantly and he was always giving her another chance. Eventually he got the courage to leave her and found another girl, but since then, Ally has been plagued with HORRIBLE luck with guys. They broke up 2 years ago and Ally hasn't had a boyfriend for more than a week, since. I truly believe that someone is giving her a taste of her own medicine. And I also think that yes, if you surround yourself with negativity, negative things will happen to you more often.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think that when your outlook is bad you notice more of the bad things and they do seem worse. And when I wake up with that bad feeling, I usually do not go anywhere I don't need to because those are the days I almost end up with a totaled car!!! Where someone out there nearly misses hitting me (sqealing tires, SMOKE, swerving around me) and it would have totaled my car with how fast they were about to hit me!!! I hate those days, and those days I actually do the speed limit, use blinkers and all!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yes I do... bad or good it will surround you.. now you can keep it on a more postive side, but as you stated there are those days that nothing good happens no matter your attitude... so yes bad and good energies/Karma are always around us...
    As for it lasting... I do believe that too be true also... if you can not bring in good around you, you will not get good... and until you can change that energy around it can (I believe) last as long the negative is there...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Self-fulling prophecy could be the cause of some of the bad karma happenings. If you believe that you'll fail an exam, for example, you don't study as much, because you already "know" you're going to fail it, and gosh, what happens- you fail it, - something you just "knew" was going to happen.

I kind of do believe in bad energy/good energy. I have no basis for the belief. But I feel that if I fear something enough that it opens some pathway for it to actually happen. So I try not to be afraid. And I try to live in love - in caring- I think it makes me a better person.

Answer by Bmat at 6:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I do very much believe in Karma. If you treat people like crap all the time, then it will definitely come back on you.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yes I do. I've seen it work.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yes. I believe that what is seen as "karma" is a combination of:
    #1: The natural order of things. Natural consequences set in order for foolish actions (i.e. getting hurt when doing something dangerous).
    #2: Self-fulfilling Prophecy: we believe it and through our belief and actions we bring about our own "fate."
    #3: Chaos theory/ butterfly effect
    #4: Divine intervention from God ("vengeance is mine saith the Lord, I will repay you.")
    #5: I believe in other realms and spiritual warfare. Exuding positive or negative energy may make the positive or negative forces around you stronger. (i.e. the spiritual warfare many Christians talk about, Polterguists, manifestations of spirits who gain power off of strong emotion ect).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yes, I do... What goes around comes around!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I see it slightly different. The three fold law is more my idea of Karma. But yes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yea, see I've got a PhD in Psychology and I don't believe your use of the "self-fulfilling prophecy" theory is correct! lol....... That's ok, we misuse a lot of which we don't truly understand! That said, I fully do believe in karma/bad energy.
    Anonymous