Who would like to help with research for an article?

I'm looking for just a few women who would like to test a theory that I have about losing weight. I want to document the information derived to write an article about losing weight easily without special foods, supplements, or diet foods.

I have a theory that says that it is possible with a simple plan, no hard efforts of planning foods or buying anything other than normal healthy foods from the grocery store. I think and know that its possible, b/c it works for me but I have to prove that it works with more than just myself.

I want to be able to prove it can work from day one and that it can continue with or without hitting the gym (although it can guarantee more success with working out, but I'm looking for some who do and some who do not.) I would esp. be interested in women in their 40's who find it harder to lose.

I believe it can be done easily and without buying special foods and supplements. :

lifeasinoit

Asked by lifeasinoit at 6:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I would be interested. But I'm about to pop and going to be breast feeding....so I don't know if you would want to include me in your group. I'm not planning on anything special though, just cutting out fast food and sugar (not natural sugar, I mean doughnuts, candy, soda, et.) and maybe hitting the gym to do an hour of swimming after my 8 weeks post-partum is up.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• how much does it cost?
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• There is no cost. You would simply use foods that you normally buy or maybe a slight modification like lean meats, almonds, fresh vegetables, lots of water to drink, string cheese, etc. :) See how easy it can be?

The real thing I'm looking to do if to find a few girls who really want to lose weight and would follow a few meal ideas with choices of their own, keeping calorie intake to a good level (and since I have it all calculated, you wouldn't have to label read unless you want to.)

There is nothing unusual, excessive (except eliminating junk food), or weird, matter of fact, this diet would include the body's full requirements.

But, also, the person also needs to not have any health issues. I'm not a dietician, nor a doctor, but I was trained by the oldest living practicing pediatrician for 18 years, in health and caring for the human body. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• interesting  :)

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• id be interested.. but im not in my 40's... im only 23, with 2 small children, and 60 extra lbs!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i would love to participate but am only 22....i have two little ones but am .....well....overweight and want to get in shape before number three
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'm interested. I'm 43. I'm diabetic but I know my limits there. I have been successful in losing weight this past spring while on the South Beach plan, and most of those weeks I was laid up with an injured ankle so I COULDN'T exercise...still lost weight. What sort of thing do you have in mind?
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• You are exactly correct. Diets don't work, they just put you on the gain/lose roller coaster. The healthiest way to get to and maintain a healthy weight (and set a great example for your kids) is to live a heathy life.
    Start with exercise, begin with a minimum of 20 minutes a day, at elast 3 times a week
    Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day
    Cut way back on, or eliminate meat and dairy
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors
    Eat 6 servings of whole grains a day
    Eat 2 servings of legumes a day

Answer by rkoloms at 9:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'm 38 and wouldn't mind giving it a try;)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2009