Advice From Mother's Who've Been There!

I need advice! I'm a FTM and around 36 weeks. The baby has been up in my ribs all day, and at first it was just uncomfortable, but now he's starting to really hurt me when he kicks. If you can, how did you get your LO to move out of the ribs?? I don't wanna hurt him or anything, just relocate him so that I can breathe again :)

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 7:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would just rub the spot he was knotted up in. As long as you aren't hitting your stomach then you aren't going to hurt the baby. My son was famous for staying in my ribs or balling up in ball so bad that the side he wasn't on would go completely flat && the side he was on would stick out twice as far. It looked crazy. But seriously, just apply a small amount of pressure with the palm of your hand while rubbing in a circle. Babies don't like it when you take away their room in there && will usually move to find a more comfortable spot with no pressure.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• swim or lay on your hands an knees.. Sorry I can't help much more then that!
    I am 33 wks and hoping she doesnt go back up!!
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 7:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Get on your hands and knees and slowly arch your back the way a cat does. It doesn't always work, but it's worth a try.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• They are stonger than you may think. Pushing on your sides and middle while laying down to give optomal room; rub and push lower. Hope it helps this was the only thin that did it for me my last babe was 10lb10oz an 21 inches so there really as not much room.
    Anonymous

• walking was the only thing that helped me.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:12 AM on Jul. 5, 2009