taste changing? normal or not?

is it normal for foods to change taste to you but everyone else thinks its fine?
i recently had some eggs for breakfast (i usually like them) and they tasted SO weird, they had been out in the fridge in my garage so i thought maybe they were bad or something, but they tasted like someone sprayed cleaner on them! i thought maybe my mom sprayed something on the pan i used but she said no and i tried a few days later to eat them again and same thing, now im totally afraid to eat them! lol is that normal?

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep..Im 7months pregnant, and I hate red meat.I use to eat it like once a week,now I have to have it at least once a day! and I looooove hotdogs now! I have always thought hotdogs were so nasty and I would throw up when I ate them,but now I want them really really bad.and avocado's.I loved them b4 I got pregnant-hubby is mexican so I use to eat lots of taco's when we first met- but now when I try to put the avocado's in my mouth I start to gag,It feels like im eating buggurs and snort..I don't know its just really nasty now..so dont worry its natural
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• yes, what you like && don't like will change throughout your whole pregnancy && some tastes will even stick with you even after you have the baby. Like I used to like barely cooked french fries && rolls, toast, && crust on pizzas, but when I was pregnant that started to gross me out, so I had to cook that stuff until it was crispy to eat it. Now my son is almost 2 && I still eat those things crispy, to have it barely cooked makes me gag now...lol. It's crazy!!
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• yeah, its normal....its one of those lovely pregnancy oddities that happen. Kind of like some things that you once loved the smell of, will make your stomach turn during pregnancy.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• when i was pregnant i couldnt drink whole milk because it tasted to me like someone had put candy in my cup.. like skittles or something sweet. 2% and skim were fine though. my dh still thinks i made it up!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 11:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2009