Can I print pictures from another mom's profile?

My niece has a cafe mom profile and we would like to print some. Please help!!!

bluerose29r

Asked by bluerose29r at 8:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I right click my mouse and save it my pictures.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If you do so without her permission, you're breaking copyright laws.

It's also extremely uncool to print/save someone else's pictures without their permission. If she wanted you to have them, would she not simply email them to you?
    Anonymous

• Right click on the pic to save it to your computer and then print it out. Seeing it is your niece, just ask her to print you a picture or ask her if it is ok to save the pic to your computer and print it. I highly doubt it is copyright infringement because she isn't a professional photographer and unless the pics are marked with the professional or copyright words on them, they are fair game.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Google it. If the niece is the one who took the picture, she holds the copyright. It doesn't have to be professional.

We went through all of that because we discovered MIL was posting pictures of our kids on a social network without our permission and refused to take them down. (she didn't have it secure, used their names and ages, etc ) After a quick google we were able to inform her she was breaking copyright laws because they were OUR pictures taken with OUR camera and we did not give her permission to use the pictures as SHE saw fit.

And yes...we would have taken her to court over the safety of our kids.
    Anonymous

• you are NOT violating any copyright laws if she has posted personal pix online without a watermark. Just right click. If she didn't want to share them she wouldn't have posted them without a watermark

Answer by admckenzie at 3:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2009