potty trainning time???

my son is 19 months old and here latly when he pees he will take his diaper off and sometimes when he poops.... but the other day when it was bathtime, he had his diaper off and went to the toliet and tried to pee in it..... so is it time to potty train?? i need help.... how do i potty train??? im 18 and i know nothing about potty training!!! so some1 please help me!!!

brookegregory

Asked by brookegregory at 8:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds to me he might be ready. You could google "potty training" and see what Drs and experts say. It is a good thing you are asking on here though, some of these moms have been there done that and can help you too. I am not potty training yet, so I dont have any other advice. Good luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Every child is different but they all want praise. Make a routine of going to the bathroom after he gets up in the morning and before bed, and any other time during the day. Reward him when he tries, and reward even more when he actually does it. Ultimately children want to please their parents, so that is your best asset. But don't take it to the negative side, because no matter what, accidents will happen, and you may think that he's just using the potty to gain attention from you. Even so, give him that! All it takes is the first time for him to actually do the deed and he will see the difference in attention and pride. You can do it!!!!
    TCliffman

Answer by TCliffman at 9:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I'm PTing my 19m/o. She would take her diaper off when she would pee and she would grab her diaper and say pee or poop with a high degree of accuracy. I can't go back to diapers now if I wanted to because she cries if she has a poop accident, pee she'll crouch down and watch come out, lol, then she'll whine.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• get a seat for the potty, buy lots of underwear. maybe provide some books for his entertaining while waiting to go potty on the potty. You should join a the potty training group. Lots of helpful advice there.
    valentinemama

Answer by valentinemama at 10:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have four little ones and the boys are all different. Obviously he has seen how it is done or thinks something is way "cool" about it! Try putting cheerios in the toliet and telling him to sink them. Make potty time fun for you and him! Put a bowl of m&ms or suckers out of reach near your bathroom and tell him when he poops in the potty he may have one. (make that snack time)

He will "get" it in his own time! I started my youngest this spring (not pushing it) when he showed interest after watching daddy and big brother. He was just 27 months old. He is now 30 months and is in underware all day! Yeah! No more diapers!!!! Wahoo!!! We still have pullups at night but I am so thrilled!!!!!
    momof4under5

Answer by momof4under5 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• One more important thing...Encourage do not discourage. If he misses the potty and makes a mess, just tell him where it goes but don't get upset or mad b/c he made one little accident.
    momof4under5

Answer by momof4under5 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2009