Finding out gender?

So, i'm going for an ultrasound this coming Wednesday & i'll be 21 weeks then. I know that i can find out the sex, but i have a different question relating to the procedure: Will the ultrasound tech tell me what I'm having? 'Cause i know with a lot of things, they don't tell you, and you have to wait for the doctor to tell you. I'm just trying to figure out if i'll know on wednesday or if i'll have to wait another whole week to see my doctor to find out...

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what? no the tech will tell you right then and show you the genitals
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• ok, good. the first ultrasound, the tech didn't say anything to me. i kept trying to look, but she wouldn't even move the screen or tell me when it was the baby's heartbeat that i was hearing. and i didn't see the baby at all, so i was just getting worried, 'cause i'm so looking foward to finding out. thank you for the response.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Good Luck! This ultrasound should be super fun for you, ask questions and see if the tech gets more interactive with you.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• nope the lady doing the u/s-called a tech will tell you and show you the little parts-whether girlly or boy parts- Im 28wks and I found out what I was having a 17wks.but I just had a recent u/s and I asked them to make sure-don't want to have all these girl clothes and it end up being a little boy- but you could see a little "hamburger" (hahaha thats what the tech called it) and my hubby was acting so dumb...he kept saying whats a hamburger? did 1 one stuck in there? I was like "NO ITS HER VI-GI-GI LIPS!" (thats how we say vagina) and then he turned all red..and was like oooohhh... it was soo gunny
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• haha Lovin_mybaby5 that is hilarious.. men crack me up sometimes!

but yeah they should definitley tell you, make sure you let us all know here at CM! good luck sweetie! =]
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 8:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I would ask maybe the tech you had wasnt a good one? Or sometimes I remember with like my early ultrasounds they didnt really say much but once the babies are bigger its a lot easier to see things and be able to know what they are. If youve been in the ultrasound for a little bit and they havent said anything definatley ask!!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• The scan you are having is called the anatomy scan. This is the scan where they check to make sure everything is okay, do a bunch of measurements, look at the brain and so on, and he/she will definitely tell you the sex of the baby if you ask. Good Luck, and let us know ;-)
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My dr did all my ultrasounds, but i got one everytime i went. but i think i've heard that only the dr will tell you but i hope for your sake the tech will tell you since you want to know.
    Anonymous