When did your kid have their first 'loose tooth'?

My son will be 5 in 16 days... and his lower tooth is loose. Just curious on how soon this had happened for people.

gdawkins

Asked by gdawkins at 8:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My dd was in kindergarten when she lost her first tooth. She was 5. If they got their teeth early there's a chance they will lose them early. She lost two in kindergarten, two in first, and then when she got to second grade she lost 5 within a couple weeks of each other. She has a memory book and on the front cover is her giving the biggest smile and missing 5 teeth all in the front. It is such a cute picture.

I had the dentist check out her teeth and he said because she got them fast she would lose them fast. By her first birthday she had all her teeth and at 18 months she got her two year molars.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I lost a couple of them when I was 5, my nephew didn't lose ANY until he was 7. It depends on the child.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• He was 5 or 6. I know kids that lost teeth in preschool and those that didn't lose teeth until they were 7 or 8. It depends on how fast the child's teeth came in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• my youngest son lost his first tooth at age three. He was born with four teeth at the gums two on top and two at the bottom they were all for lost by age five. My older three children did not loose theirs until age five even though one of my daughters was born with two teeth at the gums on the bottom she didn't loose it till age five
    namtoe

Answer by namtoe at 10:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My son lost his first 2 in Feb. he's 5. And i think the top ones are starting to get loose too, but just a little bit they'll prob. get real loose in the next month or so. I noticed in his pre-k class there were several kids that lost their teeth. However my lil cousin in going into 2nd grade and doesn't even have a loose tooth yet.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• wow i should keep an eye on my daughter than she is 5 and she got her first teeth at 4 months old, she is so dramatic so i dont even want to know how its gonna go lol
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2009