is there anyone out there that is rh negative

ericaandfranke

Asked by ericaandfranke at 8:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont have it but I asked the doctor about it and this is what he said...
    During pregnancy, Rh-negative is the only one of the blood groups that can cause a problem. It turns out that an Rh-negative mother can make antibodies (part of her immune system's response to invaders) against Rh-positive blood cells, even against those of her own baby.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am so I had to have the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks and then again after I deliverd my first because she was O+. When I had my second I had the Rhogam shot again at 28 weeks but he was born A- so I didn't need the second shot.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am... I got baby Rho at 24 weeks but did not need the big one either time after delivery my kids are both my type
    it really is only a problem if you dont get treatment... the baby rho is given in T2 to prevent your body from making anti bodys to a baby with a different blood type then you-- if your baby is RH - whne it is born there is nothing for you to do further-- if not withing 14 hours of delivery they should give you RhoGam to prevent you from making antibodies... the antibodies will not hurt a first pregnancy and will not hurt a (-) baby in the furure if you have a + baby in the futre and were not treated you'll have a BIG problem
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• you don't need the rhogam shot unless your baby is rh positive. if your dr recommends you get the shot before hand, you can tell him that you don't want the shot until you find out the baby's blood type. and that's usually w/in hours of birth when they find out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2009