Am I funny?

My husband is very VERY bad at listening to me when I am trying to tell him funny stories... it's because he's watching TV or something, but I try to listen to him when he tells me things no matter what I'm doing. Is there a reason this bothers me so much? Anyone else have a similar problem? Please share!

ACL2007

Asked by ACL2007 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• yep...hubby does the same thing...its not that ur not funny,its just that he doesn't think its really that important. It bugs the heck out of me too...My hubby is very good at listening when I tell him something important too.But you know women speak 25,000 words a day,and it starts when their hubby gets home. While men only speak around 10,000 words,and their's starts all day! crazy huh...He's just being a guy..but try to tell him a joke when you have some food in your hands..I bet he'll listen then...mine always does
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I should add, he's a very good listener when it is something important. I told him the other day, if I cry, he pays attention, otherwise... nada!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• you may be funny but your timing is inappropriate. If you want him to listen don't talk while he's doing something. You maybe able to do two things at once but men are more focused on one thing at a time. Respect that for him and he'll respect you and listen. Remember there is a time and place for everything. Choose your time wisely.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My SO is the same way. I have just decided that all men only hear what they want. I don't even think it goes in one ear and out the other, (I don't think it even get thats far.)
    Us women always listen to when someone is speaking to us. It's RESPECT.
    I tell my SO that if it has nothing to do with sports then he never hears a word.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think I realized that hes not gunna hear me the first day we met lol really though the best time to get him to listen (which really pisses him off tho lol) is talk to him right when he lays down to go to sleep. No one will be calling or over the house the tv prob wont be on the kids are in bed its quiet and hes stuck next to you lol my SO hates it but if i have somethin i really wanna tell him thats the best time! Or in the car that too cuz he cant escape haha
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Well, like I said, he does listen when it's something important. It's just like, in the moment humor, he doesn't have time for it. Or sometimes if he's telling me something, and I think we're having a discussion, he cuts me off or changes subjects without finishing... I mean without letting ME finish. Nice to know I'm not alone though.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2009