Does any of the breastfeeding moms use a nipple shield?

my daughter is 9 months old and has always used one. she could never latch on without one.

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I used one for the time I breastfeed.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I've never even heard of that. I don't/haven't used one... obviously.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My nipples became inverted when I was pregnant and after I had my son. I had never heard of such a thing. If I could have nursed without it, I would have. They are a pain to use.
    Anonymous

• For a short while. Many women do. But it's not something you want her to get used to. Talk to a lactation consultant about learning to latch regularly.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• my bff had inverted nipples she used some sort of rubber thing when not breastfeeding to get it to come out i have never heard of a nipple shield what is it for? does it help with chapping and that sort of thing if so where do i get one lol
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 1:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I used one with my second baby since my nipples are a little flat. It helped to "pull" them out and also helped when my nipples started to get cracked. I only used it for about 4 weeks since it was a pain to have to wash it after every use & take it with me when I left the house. Anyway, I am due in December with my third & will for sure be buying another one to help in the beginning.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I used one for 6 weeks... hated it, so I got my son off of it (took some work and tantrums but we did it!)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• i got to breast feed for 3 weeks, i had to use one and the doctor told me to break her from it because she would get to used to it and they dnt get the same amount of milk and its not the same to bring your milk in so i cut the tip like the doc told me and she wouldnt latch on without it by the time i got to get another 2 days she already liked bottles to much. so i had to pump, i didnt mind using hte shield but it was a pain
    sfewell09

Answer by sfewell09 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2009