Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do I have to pay them?

well I have pregnancy medicaid and my group is community health choice... would that pay for any other doctor,like a orthopedic doctor,or a physical therapist?

Answer Question

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Health

Level 18 (5,452 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Yes i have the same thing and it covers everything.

    Answer by raemommy at 9:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

  • Most likely you will either need pre-authorization (which you would do through medicaid by calling them directly) or you'll need a doctor's referral. Those are specialized doctors and thus you will have to comply with your state's medicaid rules.

    Answer by TCliffman at 9:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

  • Yes it covers, but like PP stated you will need to see your main doctor and get a referral out or you might have to pay out of pocket for unauthorized services.

    Answer by britni11 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

  • I agree with them. You can't just make an appt. You have to get it pre authorization. For PT you need an order as well.

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • You MAY need a referral, check with your HMO and see what their policy is. I don't need any referral with my medicaid HMO to see a specialist and neither does my son. As long as they are covered providers I can just make an appointment.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.