What's worse: spanking a child, or sending him to bed without dinner?

What's your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• They are both bad, but I would rather send my daughter to bed without dinner, than I would EVER lay my hands on her. I have never done either.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Sending them to bed without dinner. I don't think there is anything wrong with spanking, as long as it is not done in anger and is only done on the butt.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• without dinner by far...thats starvation...I would rather spank my child any day (even though I don't like it) then send them to bed with no dinner
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Sending them bed without dinner. I don't think you should use food as a reward and I certainly don't think you should use it as a punishment.
    Anonymous

• depends on teh age... i wouldnt send my 3 year old to bed without dinner, but when hes old enough to know why hes being sent and ahve more control over himself< maybe 6-7> then i see nothing wrong with either of them...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• To bed without dinner is worse.. kids are already tricky about nutrition.. so I never want them to skip a meal. I spanked when they were smaller and there was no other "currancy" but now their are so many ways to punish them that are physically harmless.. to bed early, taking favorite toy, favorite shirt, not attending an event they are excited about.. etc..
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I'm neither for nor against spanking. However I am against sending a child to bed without dinner. I wouldn't let my husband go to bed without dinner, lol so I don't think it's an age thing. I don't think a swat on the butt is nearly as bad as an empty tummy.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I would say sending him to bed without dinner is absolutely unacceptable because food is not a privelage it is a right.
    Anonymous

• I think send your kid to bed without dinner should be called child abuse by neglect I do not think a spank on the butt is... and according to CPS of the state I live in that is correct for reporting purposes
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• both are poor parenting choices in my opinion. Neither of which teaches the child anything except that the person doing it is an uneducated bully who can't think of anything more appropriate to do to discipline a child. Neither choice is effective but imo hitting is the worst between the two.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2009