37 weeks and lost mucus plug today with painful contractions off and on and 1 cm dilated... will labor start soon?

I just went to the hospital on thursday because I was having painful contractions, not like when your in hard labor but pretty painful, they released me because I am 37 weeks and only 1 cm dilated. Today I lost my mucus plug and still having painful contractions but not hard labor ones. When should labor begin? This is my second pregnancy and I don't remember losing it in my first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's hard to say, because I lost my mucus plug and was dilated for about a month before delivery. But I was also like 34 weeks when it first started. One way or the other that baby will get here soon. Especially being you are 37 weeks. Thats full term now. SO it could be soon, maybe not as soon as you would like but soon enough. Good luck.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• stay hydrated .. go lay down on your left side with a pillow between your knees and watch a good movie...
    oh and if your water has not broken have sex
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2009