Does anyone have a really good potroast recipe?

I want to make it in my crock pot. I love the way mo mom makes it but shes out of town so I can't get a hold of her. Anyways we are going shopping tomorrow and I have been wanting pot roast forever it seems. lol So if you have a good recipe please let me know! =)

Thanks!

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I don't have a recipe but here's what I do
    I put a sliced onion and a few bay leaves on the bottom of the crock then add roast
    I add a cut up potatoes, celery, and carrots enough to fill crock
    I think I use 5 potatoes and carrots and 4 stalks of celery...you can also add a can of stewed tomatoes and juice
    Top off with pepper, parsley, garlic. This I do not measure.. I just dash on as much as I like
    and add a cup of water.
    Sometimes I make a gravy from one of those gravy mix envelopes and add that
    cook on low for 8 to 10 hours
    or high for 4 to 6 hours
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• This one makes its own gravy
    · 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
    · 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
    · 1 1/4 cups water
    · 5 1/2 pounds pot roast
    DIRECTIONS
    1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
    2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

Answer by Bmat at 9:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Well I don't put gravy on mine && it's really simple actually.

I put my roast in the crock pot at about 9p on the day before I want to eat it&& leave it in there until about 4p the next day.
    I take it out && put in a 9x12 casserole dish.
    I get 2 cups of water out of the crock pot && mix a bag of McCormick's pot roast seasoning in that.
    I cut up 2 or 3 potatoes, then pour those && some baby carrots into the casserole dish all around the roast. [[you can boil the potatoes in some water to soften them up some before you add them to the roast, if you want]]
    Then I pour the water/seasoning mixture over everything in the dish.
    cover in aluminum foil && put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 min.
    Then I take it out && pull the aluminum foil off, then stick it back in the oven for another 10 min.

I usually make macaroni && cheese && bake some rolls for sides.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Also if you have an injector, you can inject some of the seasoning && water mixture into the roast so the meat in the middle has some flavor as well.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• MY Pot Roast receipt: Its simple and all in one.
    I take a roast of my choosing put into a crock pot, peal enough potatoes to feed my family cut into halves and add to roast, then add celery, carrots, onions - big chunks. Sprinkle with onion power, garlic power, and add 1 -2 packages of Lipton onion soup mix, just the power (sprinkle over the top of everything. Add a little water to keep things from burning. Cook in slower cooker all day or until done...yummy! easy too! I often make a salad of just lettuce, with vinegar and oil (salt and pepper) as a side. With ice tea and store bought ice cream sandwiches for desert....
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I put mine in the crockpot with beef consumme or broth and a bit of water, about an inch or so of liquid. I add cut up potatoes, carrots and onions. I season with salt, pepper and garlic. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours. The roast is nice and tender.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2009