• In the Spotlight:

My son joined the Army

My son joined the army back in Feb., he is graduating from Fort Leonard Wood, MO on July 16, 2009. He is being sent to Fort Knox KY ten days after graduation. He is being married on July 25, does that mean he has to leave the day after graduation. He does not know to ask for an extension and know one at military police training can give him a definite answer. The bride was supposed to find this information out while he was in training, but to date still hasn't. He called me two hours ago and requested my help.

pwright

Asked by pwright at 9:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• go to the group First time Army Wives and ask them. Those folks know lots of stuff. His Sergeant should be able to tell him but I know little about the Army. I get all my questions answered in that group.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• There is really nothing she can do he would have to apply for it. He needs to talk to his chain of command. I have been to basic and yes the idiea of talking to your chain of command is scary while in training, but their is no other way for him to do it. He needs to do it soon or they will not be able to get the paper work done.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Why isn't he asking his superiors for the answer?
    Anonymous

• If he is given leave, then no. He goes to where ever is leave or vacation is, like home. Then he report to Fort Knox when his leave is over. If his leave is 10 days, he will spend 10 days at home and then go to Knox. I hope this answers your questions. I am in the Army and used to work with basic trainees.
    ZarsMom

Answer by ZarsMom at 11:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2009