I never feel like a good parent.

I always try and do what I think is best for my daughter. She seems happy enough but I can't help but feel sick to my stomach...I'm afraid I am shortchanging her some how. I pick her up from daycare, we go home, cook dinner, eat, play, watch some TV, then she gets a bath, story &cuddle, and bed. On the weekends we just chill out, run errands, play, cuddle and watch tv and follow the same bedtime routine. I try and include her with whatever I do but I feel like it's never enough time! I want her to have a good childhood. Mine sucked so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• My grand mother always said you can tell a good mother because she worries if she is a good enough mother :-) my you worrying it just shows that you are a great mom!
    Anonymous

• Awwwww :( I'm sure you're a good parent! We all do our best! That's all we can do!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• it certainly sounds like you try to spend time with her when you are with her! i dont know you, but it doesnt sound like you are a bad mom
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• u sound like ur a good mom and good moms worry if their good moms sometimes. One thing that was fun for my lil sis tho was when she got to have play dates...thats a good one if ur fishing for ideas
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I know what you mean but we don't do things because of our finances at times. :( If you can take her to a amusemen parks, museums, zoo camping trip, etc or you can teach her how to do things like cooking, arts, crafts, IDK how old is she. Have fun!

Anonymous

• Do you feel bad cause she is in daycare and you don't feel you're seeing her enough, or is it something else? Is there any way you can cut back ANY hours at work? Even just working like a half day on Friday, so you can have nice long 3 day weekends? I'm assuming your hubby works too, cause that may not apply if you are a single mom.

It sounds like the time you DO spend together is good quality time, and if you HAVE to work, then you HAVE to work, right?

But yeah, most families could stand working a BIT less, and you'd reap the benefits of more time with yuour child. Then, when she is in school, you can go back to working more.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• It certainly sounds like you are a good mother! It sounds like she is your priority # 1.
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 12:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• wow that is me!!!!!!!!!! Good for you. Your the best.
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 12:18 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Thanks. She's almost two and a half and I just have a hard time relating to her. I'm a single mom and work 30 hours a week. I'm hoping to switch my schedule to 3 twelve hour days so that way I can be home with her 4 days a week. But then that means I won't see her the other 3 days so I don't know. I sometimes yell...have sometimes screamed at her...very rarely spank. I know I'm not perfect but I just love her so much. I have lost my cool with her but it's not like it's all the time. Not like I beat her. My family makes me feel really bad for my parenting choices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• It sounds like you have nothing to worry about, no reason to think you are anything but the best mom you can be.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2009