• In the Spotlight:

Anyone have a reaction to Gardasil?

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts. I also want to know if anyone had an abnormal pap after receiving the Gardasil vaccine. If so was this your first or have you had one before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Health

• Personally I do not vaccinate. But if I did, this and several others would still be on my no-no list. There is little to no actual reason for the vaccine. There are 20+ strainds of HPV, this only protects against 4 and does not protect against other kinds of Cervical Cancer. What it does do however is pump you full of unneeded chemicals. HPV can be easily avoided. It is contracted in the same ways HIV is. The best course of action here is not a vaccine, it's a condom or no sex at all.

Here is the link to the Gardisil Page with NVIC (National Vaccine Information Center) They are very good about giving the good and the bad. So do make sure you check it out. And don't skip over the personal stories, they are very important... 

http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/HPV.aspx

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2009