is fireworks bad for my baby

we set off fireworks tonight, nd my baby was just moving around.. it was the most activity i have ever felt . i am 15 weeks, is the movement related to the fireworks?? did the loud noise hurt my baby's growing ears??? thanks...

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 10:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I doubt the noise hurt your baby's ears, it's more likely that your baby was responding to external stimulus. When it is older, it will respond to people's voices, but now, that loud noise was probably the first thing besides you it has ever heard. I was about 6 mos along when I went to see fireworks the first time, my ds was very active throughout the show, but he settled down afterwards just fine, and he was born healthy.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• it is fine. When my mama was 8 months pregnant with me her and my daddy went to an Elvis concert. My mama said I had never kicked so hard before. The music was loud they were on the second row. She said she thought I was going to bust through her belly I was kicking so hard. But I was fine. I really, really hate Elvis though, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it LOL.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 11:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2009