How do I help my 6 month old son with teething

Hi I have a 6 month old son that his been teething for a while we havent seen any teeth pop through let but he is in so much pain and I don't know what to do. I have given him the oral gel but it doesnt seem to work and I don't know what else to give him please help me

Firstmommy29

firstmommy29

Asked by firstmommy29 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a wet washcloth (clean of course) just let him chew on it as long as he wants (replace it with a clean one at least once a day, more if it's on the floor a lot..you know?)

Another thing is the mesh fruit pacifier you can buy at Walmart. It looks like a giant pacifier, only instead of a nipple it has a mesh bag. You can put banana or apples inside it, or ice chips, and the baby can chew on them, he can't choke on the stuff, and it eases his teeth, plus if you put cold fruit in, he's getting nutrition from it too.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

EVERYTHING SHE SAID AND TYLENOL
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• You can also try those teething toys ( they usually have square, circle, ring forms ) you put them inside the freezer to let them get hard and cold and then you take them out of the freezer like 20 minutes before give those to your baby so it doesn`t feel so cold in his hands and let him chew on them.
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• This won't help you right now... but I would get one... a baltic amber teething necklace (we got our on ebay) and it's is like magic! It's amazing really! How it works is the child wears the necklace during the day (they don't chew it) and the amber heats to the bodies temp and releases an oil that is a natural pain killer.
    For my son's first 4 teeth we didn't own one... and the poor kid was drugged all of the time with Tylenol, Motrin and teething drops and he was still in pain. Then we found out about this necklace and his last teeth you wouldn't have even known they were coming in! He doesn't chew as much, doesn't drool, is way less crabby and sleeps well at night even without having it on (with the other teeth he was up ALL night!)
    He getting more teeth now as we forgot his necklace at grandma's for a week... it was AWFUL! We just got it back today and he is aleady happier! Get one! We only paid $8 from Europe
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2009