Should I be annoyed or am I just being picky?

I had a paper due this week...if you could call it that. It was an essay that was only supposed to be 300-500 words long. I had to turn mine in twice because I forgot to put my works cited in the first time (I'm online, btw) and I got feedback from the teacher saying "Thanks, I'll make sure to grade the second one instead of the first!" Which was fine...but that was days ago. Now, I know that the paper isn't actually due until midnight tomorrow, but why would she wait to grade the papers that are already turned in? Wouldn't that make it easier on her? Maybe I'm just picky because my other teacher always takes less than a day to grade things?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 10:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She may grade the papers when they are turned in but post them all at the same time or she may grade them all together and post them all together. Sometimes it is easier to work if you are in "the zone"
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Are you saying that why didn't she grade your first one and just let you add the works cited?
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• probably cuz she goes thru the papers all at once or tries to do them in a day so she doesnt have to think about it and can have his/her own life outside of grading ur paper
    Anonymous

• id be a little annoyed...ive had teachers wait till the end of the semester to grade papers & it sucks.

but she prolly just didnt want to do any work over the holiday weekend.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• If I understand correctly, you are a student of an online college, correct?
    The online instructors officially have to wait until midnight of the due date before they may begin to correct any papers at all.
    It is policy for them by the college. This is set in the event a student needs to submit a second copy, as you did, before the deadline. You could even submit a third rewrite for your instructor to grade, if you wish.
    I wish you well. Which college to you attend and which course are you currently taking?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I attend Columbia College and I am taking Western Civ and Environmental Science. My Environmental Science teacher normally grades my papers on the day I turn them in or the day after. Ex: On Friday night I turned in my paper on CO2 emissions and why the EPA has restrictions on them and on Saturday morning I woke up and checked...he had given me a 30/30. But that paper isn't due until midnight tonight either.
    I think I might just be jaded by a teacher I had last semester. I emailed her asking for help one week and she didn't get back to me for three weeks in an eight week semester! My SO is actually taking that same class right now since we already had the textbook. She doesn't respond to ANYONE in his class and she didn't even open the "dropbox" area for students to turn in their midterms or finals. The dates on those boxes are the ones I had to turn in my papers on last semester. It's like she does nothing!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2009