why does it matter if im laying down???

my husband get so freakin mad when i just lay in our bed....im not sleeping....the house is clean and its not like he cant handle the kids for a while. he did make them with me...he knows that he will actually have to make conversation with them and he has no idea who they are because he never takes the time to get to know them....and that goes right back to me resting...i do everything!! i deserve some time on my own to be by myself...he goes fishing at least 3 times a week and doesnt even ask to go just picks up and leaves but if i wanna do something i have to get someone to watch the kids or ask him...ASK HIM to watch his own kids!! So my question is why does it matter and what would you do if you were in my place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree with TeriMelisa.
    I do not think it is too much to ask to have time to yourself. You should sit your husband down and discuss it with him. Let him know that you need "ME" time too. Talk to him and tell him how you want to do it. Do you want 1 hour to yourself every day to do whatever you want and he parent the kids, or do you want to pencil in "me" time a few days a month? See what you think will work best and if he give you flack say "you go fishing 3x a week- wether I like it or not. This is MY time for ME-- to do what I want without kids. These are your kids too and you can damned well step up and be a parent to them while I have time for myself. If you don't like it too bad!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Tell him to deal with it. You deserve your time too. Pick up and go shopping or something, let him know how it feels.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I would pick up and leave 1 day. Look at him and say I am going out for the day you need to watch your children. You can call me on the cell phone for emergencies ONLY. And specify that by emergency you mean high fever, severe loss of blood, someone being knocked out, excessive throwing up and death, other than that tell him to deal with it. Then leave.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• TeriMelisa you are awesome! I love your answer!!! I might use it myself, as I am in the sammmmme boat as OP!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am with you. I'd lay down too. It won't hurt him to give you a break. Tell him it's that or the male strip show, which one does he want you doing?

Answer by admckenzie at 1:21 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Tell him "If you were perfectly fine with me laying in bed to make these children, you should be perfectly fine with me laying in bed to take a break from them."

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2009