Is gravity really bad if ur ttc?

I remember watching some movie about a chinese woman who wasn't getting pregnent fast enough for her mil, and her mil told her to lie down, because the sperm were falling out? Does that really happen? If ur ttc should you lay down for a while after sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well I elavted my legs...after the deed,I threw them way up in the air,hubby helped to hold them.but after a day or two we bought a conceiving pillow.I think thats the name.and i didn't have to throw them up for 15mins.just put my butt and legs on there.and I ended up preggers.7months now
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• where did you get the pillow and what does it look like? btw, is it necassary to lay down after sex when ttc or does it just shoot up lol?
    lovedwifey1708

Answer by lovedwifey1708 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i have heard that it helps to lie down and elevate your legs afterwards, but the first time i got pregnant i got up and walked around after "the deed", so it's not always nessicary.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 1:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• i have been TTC for about a year now. and i was told to lift my butt and legs up as well. (this was the 1st time i ever heard of this btw) and i am now pregnant. (just found out on the 3rd) so i would say it does work. for me anyways. i know everyone is different. i wish i would of known this a long time ago LOL!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• a regular pillow under your hips/butt will give the same results as any special "conceiving" pillow. just saying.
    it does just shoot up, but sometimes (mostly) it pools just outside of the cervix and with most cervix's they will dip down into the pooled sperm but not all. having an orgasm helps the cervix to suction up the sperm. but laying with your butt/hips elevated can help the case. and usually just 5 minutes is sufficient amount of time. if its gonna happen then it will.
    you only need the one sperm to make it up to the fallopian tubes and penetrate the egg.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• well, i got pregnant in 2007 and was on top. didn't lay down afterwards. i've read that elevating afterwards really on helps if the sperm aren't very good swimmers.
    Anonymous

• This may sound crazy LOL but when i was TTC It just wasnt working. So everytime we had sex, I would prop my butt up in the air with pillows for awhile after we were done. Sure enough that month i became pregnant!
    Anonymous