answer please

so i just got a sudden headache about 10 minutes ago and took a tylenol already but it still hurts and the fireworks are making it worse could it be preclampsia because my head hurts but its on the left side not in the middle like the doctor said it would be

katieBennett

Asked by katieBennett at 11:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you high risk for preeclampsia? Otherwise, I'd just relax, drink some water, take a deep breath. If you're really concerned, call your doctor.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Headaches are a symptom of preeclampsia, but you have other symptoms too. I was monitored for a while for preeclampsia, because along with headaches I had severe swelling, water retention, and high blood pressure. I get migraines since iIve been pregnant and my doctor has prescribed me medicine that has helped. It's common to get headaches during pregnancy due to hormonal reasons, so you're probably fine.

StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Has your blood pressure been up at any appointments? Try to just lay down with a cold wash cloth on your head and relax. If it is still hurting after awhile and you are really worried call your OB. They are used to mother's to be calling with questions. But I think you are ok. Although I never had preclampsia so I am no expert.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 11:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• whats ur blood pressure lately?
    thats big thing for pre-C
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• yes i am worried because ive been to the hospital once already and had high blood pressure and they were worried i would develop pre clampsia
    katieBennett

Answer by katieBennett at 11:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Have you been outside a lot the past few days (or even just today?) I have a splitting headache that I think was caused by pollen.
    Anonymous