name issues.

When I first got pregnant, my SO and I decided that if I was having a girl I would pick her name and if I was having a boy he would pick her name. We found out we are having a girl and I decided that I would let him help me pick the name despite what we said because I wanted to be fair. I made a list of names and asked him for a list and we sat down with our parents and we narrowed the list down and then HE finally picked the name Vanessa.

I decided her middle name should be Grace. Vanessa Grace. Because my mother tried to conceive for 8 years and was unable to and had always wanted a little girl named Grace. I also picked it because I think it's adorable.

Well now I'm 7 months pregnant and my SO decided he doesn't like the name Grace. We were with his family (none of which like Grace either) and his sister asked the baby's name and SO made a horrible face when he said Grace. I really got my feelings hurt.

javila

Asked by javila at 11:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• CONT: SO wants to change the middle name and at first I put my foot down and said no...but now I'm starting to sway a little. Should I change her middle name? I like it but i would change it if it weren't for my mom....and the fact that SO has no other middle names chosen.
    javila

Answer by javila at 11:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• tell him to get over it because you cook the baby you get to name it!! just kidding!!!! Tell him that the name means a lot to you, and you really want it. He should listen to your feelings, but if he doesn't I don't know what to tell you.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 11:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Tell him to come up with a better middle name, if he can't come up with one you BOTH agree on than keep it Grace. He really can't say much you guys had a deal and he ended up picking vanessa.
    Anonymous

• He named her Vanessa, you made a bargain, and kept the name he chose, he needs to compromise some and deal with Grace. It's not often that you use the middle name anyway, so he should get over it.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I see questions like this alot, this is my opinion on the matter. You and ur So sit down with a baby name book (since he's the one that wants to change it) and you both write down names that ya'll like.but DON'T LOOK AT EACH OTHER'S LIST. and then when yall feel like you have enough names let him say his and you write down ones that you like and you say yours and he writes down what he likes and then come up with a name that way
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• love you signI think it's adorable! Screw the family member that made a rude face. It's none of her business and she sounds liek she's lacking some manners. Keep it the way you want it....he's lucky, after the deal, taht you let him pick the name at all!!!

StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Id threaten to change the first name to grace and middle to vanessa if he kept whining. I like vanessa grace it sounds nice, sophisticated. Its lovely
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I think you made a HUGE mistake by letting his family get involved in this. I'm having a little girl also 7 months preggo. My husband choose my son's name, and I told him that I'll be choosing her name, so I went for Jacklynne, he wasn't too happy because he wanted to named her after his mom, so then I gave him TWO options, we'll choose your mom's name but the middle name will be my mother's. Or we can just stick with Jackie, so tada... we are naming my little princess Jacklynne.
    The name that your child is going to carry on for all her life it should be both of you guys' deciding, not his family...
    I love the name that you choose by the way, it's really nice.
    Good Luck!! LOL
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 11:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2009