Ever been on a 300 ft homemade water slide?

We went to a church sanctioned July 4 celebration today. It was so redneck. This is not nessecarily a complaint since we (two kiddos and I) had LOADS of fun. Anyway, it began with a mud bog and 4 wheel drive trucks racing. It was followed by the 300 ft waterslide made from roofing paper covered in black plastic tarps down a hill side. Water was pumped from a pond! LOL The kids had so much fun though. BTW, I was expecting an inflatable slide or something wen I saw the ad in the paper.

rachel92782

Asked by rachel92782 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope, can't say I have but that sounds awsome. You may call it redneck but to me that sounds pretty creative. I'm assuming that there was a pond or pool or something that the slide ended it. We have a pretty good sized hill here and I've thought many a time of putting the slip and slide on it or making one. Homemade stuff can be so much fun. I'm glad you and the kids had fun!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• LOL!! That is too funny... I bet it was fun!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• That sounds like so much fun. I am glad that you enjoyed the holiday.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 11:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• haha yes i have! it was at an Alaskan Bible camp. they made it outta blue camping tarps & used the coldest lake water ever! we also used dish soap to make it slippery. it was so slick & steep that no one left without a few cuts & bruises from sliding off the tarp mid slide haha. they are so much fun!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:28 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• sadira29, it ended in a manmade "lagoon." The water, however had been pumped from a nearby pond.
    rachel92782

Answer by rachel92782 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• OMG! I cant imagine water sliding in alaska! I would guess that lake water is frozen about half the year. That'd be too much for me but where I live a lake NEVER freezes.
    rachel92782

Answer by rachel92782 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Glad you and the kids had fun Rachel!!
    nah25

Answer by nah25 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• OOOH No, but sounds like you had a blast!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I sure have. When I was a child, my mom use to work in the office of a company that sold plastic. The company was giving her plastic items all of the time, such as trash bags and a big long roll of plastic. We lived on a hill so my dad rolled out the plastic, put the water hose at the top of the hill, and got the dish washing liquid from the kitchen, and made our own homemade slip and slide. Needless to say, ours was much better than the one's you can buy and all the neighborhood kids wanted to come over and use ours. Glad y'all had a good time!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• 300 feet? Wow how did they get back up the hill?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2009