How was your 4th of july?

How was your 4th of July? I had a great time.. took DD to Gasport's fireworks, she got to pet the animals at the petting zoo they had set up... play with some new friends, and watch the fireworks.. which she loved. We just got back and I wanted to relax for a few minutes before heading up to bed.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IT ROCKED!! We had four bands jamming on different stages, the kids had a duck race, there was tug-of-war , face painting, food wagons (carnival stuff ) I made a couple racks of bbq ed ribs, some mac salad and a Wave Your Flag cheesecake-(brought home an empty 9X13) There was SO much FOOD!! and of course the standards to drink: Limeade and like 10 types of pop from Coke to A&W rootbeer plus all in between.
    The fireworks started at 10:15 and they did lots of triples, weeping willows, screaming ghost and a BEAUTIFUL exploding Grand Finale!
    There were SO many people there that traffic had to be rerouted twice and I had to go ten miles out of my way to get home.
    AHH but we're finally home and headed to bed!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• The kids are all gone for the night. I was hoping for some time alone with my husband but he is busy in the kitchen....so I am here online.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 11:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• well the day was normal, my friend that threw a cookout decided to throw it in the evening cuz she was thinking of nap times...thank God, so we got there and had a good meal, played cards, set off some fireworks, even though it was storming outside...lol everyone was doing it...so, other than my 2 year old being...well, a 2 year old...it all went great!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• So far so good. We had a BBQ and now we are waiting for it to get dark so we can do fireworks!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• uneventful but nice! only time I left the house was to go to the grocery store lol. but once my son was in bed, SO and I hung out outside, I drank some beers, watched the neighbors fireworks, SO and I lit bottle rockets, i hula hooped and blasted some music and SO played guitar in his shed... but MAN we got tons of mosquito bites and couldnt find the spray!!!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• We BBQed and had friends over. It was nice and once it got dark, we played with sparklers and set of some fireworks.

Nothing spectacular, but fun.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• DH got to work and my parents and brothers were on vacation so no family around but me and the kiddos. We ended up going to a church thing up the road where I thought I didnt know anyone. Turned out I did and had a fantastic time!
    rachel92782

Answer by rachel92782 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• worked all day barely made the fireworks then fought the traffic for an hour and a half dh had to hurry to get home and change (home was 20 mins away) to get to work on time oh and he had one of the girls so I had to meet him at the hospital (where he works) to get my youngun then had to fight more traffic to get to town to feed my kids (cuz dh forgot to) now I'm home ((exhale))
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Generally we have my son that lives in Texas with his father,but this year we didn't have him so it was a bit depressive for us and we miss him a lot. We though made the best of it and enjoyed an evening of bbq,did some sparklers,let the kids stay up later than usual,and enjoyed burning paper in the later evening. I survived a 4th of July...although a minor incident with one of my boys...aloe vera to the rescue....all is well and on to other adventures this summer :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• the day was good.. nothing special. went to the grocery store and doodled around the house. and then i left my dh on the couch playing wow and i went to bed to be woken up an hour later by unfamiliar voices in my house. come to find out my dh had a probation violation and now he's sitting in jail. and i am beyond exhausted.. my dd will be up in 4 hours.. and i cant sleep.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2009