I AM SOOO FED UP!!

HOW CAN I GET MY KIDS TO CLEAN UP THE HOUSE INSTEAD OF THEM JUST " SWEEPING " THE DIRT UNDER THE RUG????????

THEY CLEAN JUST A PATH BUT NOTHING BIG, I CAN'T HELP CUASE I'M IN A WHEELCHAIR AND I HAVE TO HAVE THEM GET THINGS DONE BUT THEY HALF A$$ DO IT!!!!!!!!

I ASK OVER AND OVER AGIAN!!!! I YELL I SCREAM AND THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• How old are they?
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 11:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Oh my goodness.... when you figure out the magic answer, please let me know what it is!! My kids are the worst at cleaning up after themselves!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• MY KIDS ARE 17, 11 , 9 AND 4
    Anonymous

• My oldest 3 are 22,18 and 16 the youngest is 4.
    To this day I feel like I'm beating a dead horse trying to get the first 3 to clean the right way and do laundry the right way. I don't even bother with getting them to do dishes anymore. My 16 yr old admitted that she doesn't care how she does them or stacks them, just that they get done quikly.
    I really don't know how to get kids to have the same standards I just give up and let them live dirty.
    I have physical problems and can't get on my knees and they don't get it.
    Kids just are so different these days!!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I forgot to add that the only way my 4 yr old will pick up his toys is if I shut off the tv until the floor is clean......takes only minutes and the toys are picked up.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have 2 slobs in the house. This is what I do,Clean your fav room. Mke it so comfotrable. Hang out in that room. Then when you see that they made a mess go do something nice for yourself.
    Leave your socks on the floor ask them real nice to put it in the washer. They will think your nuts but keep a sreight face. Do it over and over.Then when the house gets too bad put all the bad in the slobs area real quick. They are so unaware they won't even know.Then eventually they will have to move it. Unless they are hopelessthen make them help pay for a maid.
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 12:12 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My DDs too young for me to understand your side of the situation, not that I dont see it your way. But I do know what worked for me and my brother when all else failed, bribery. Sit them down and fid out what they want and work with it. I bet at least the 17 and 11 year olds will respond well to cash. Keep in mind teenagers dont follow through long term well, so try a daily bribery. I dont know your kids and what they like but you could also try taking things away daily and they get it back when their work is done. For instance; if your 17 y/o is a girl and likes to blow dry her hair, take it and keep it, if she does her work, she gets to blow dry her hair tommorro. lol GL!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Don't let them do ANYTHING until they do an acceptable job of cleaning. No TV, no video games, no toys, no friends over, nothing! I have to go back and point out EVERYTHING that they missed, it is beyond tedious, it would be so much easier for me to just clean it myself but if I do how will they learn?
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Dude, some parents in my town moved out. LOL. Made the yahoo news. They pitched a tent in the front yard and said they weren't moving back in until the kids cleaned the house.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• we live with my husbands family and his sister is 13 and if i ask her to just put the dishes into the dishwasher she freaks out..and when she finally does it she will put them in with like whole food on them! like whole sandwhiches...so i started just putting those dishes to the side and when she goes to get a drink or a snack i make her use them..lol..but no..i agree.. i would make them stay in the room that needs cleaning..everything off until its done to your standards....dont argue with them..just simply say i told you what i would like you to do..dont come get me until its done right...good luck...
    mom2b112108

Answer by mom2b112108 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2009