I don't know who to believe.

I've been with my boyfriend 4 years we have 2 kids and 1 on the way. He went to prison last month. His ex keeps calling me saying that he is calling her and that he say he wants to be with her and stuff like that. I know this girl still likes him so I don't know if she is just trying to ruin things with us. I got some letters from him and I just can't get calls. I don't know what to do cause I can't just talk to him about it anytime and I don't want to believe her but at the same time I don't want to just think ok she making stuff up to find out later it's true. I don't know how to handle the situation. Hes not some loser whos always gettin in troble he just got caught up for something his brother did. He is a good dad, and has been good to me up until this. Hopefully it's just her telling lies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow, that is tough! I wish I had some great advice for you.... If it were me though, I would try to end contact with her. Whether he is calling her or isn'tcalling her, she is doing nothing but trying to push your buttons. In addition to stopping the contact with her, I would write your boyfriend a letter that says that you are trying to stop her from harassing you because it is really stressful for her to be calling you all the time. Then I would give him a long update on how great his kids are and how much they miss him, yada, yada, yada... then wait and see what he writes back to you.

Good Luck!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Many men in prison talk to other women and say bs. It's just jail talk. They get lonely in there and want ppl to write them. If she thinks it's more than that then it's her problem. If she's getting calls then it's the same thing, he just wants someone to talk to who will take the collect calls. I think it sucks but it's a part of prison life. I don't think I'd put too much into it. It's not like she can get him away from you and the kids and DO NOT let her think she's upsetting you or she'll keep it up

Answer by admckenzie at 1:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I don't care if he is in prison or not! He has already "put you out" by making you the sole caregiver/provider to the children while he is doing tiime.. and then what kind of job/life can he give you once he gets out? If you are willing to stand by him through this then YOU should be the woman that he ONLY wants writing/etc. NOT an ex! It would be different if it was a friend or family member but an ex? So going to prison gives him the right to contact his ex? I don't think so!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Change your phone number. His ex shouldn't have your number anyway. Distance yourself from her and the drama. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• here is a way to find out.. tell him something u know he would tell her, that way if she comes back and says what u say then u know he is talking to her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I would've left him in prison, then u wouldnt be worrying about this
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2009