do you believe if you want something bad enough it will happen?

I know it sounds niave, but what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "Not without taking active steps to achieve your goal."

I must totally agree!

If you want to weigh 120 pounds, but you weigh 200 at the present, you are NOT going to lose weight by being a couch potato and eating shit all day. Not going to happen unless you get a tapeworm or something, no matter how much you wish for it.

Believe me, I should know.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• For most things, yes. But I also believe you have to work for it to make it happen. You can't just sit around hoping && waiting for things to fall in your lap. If you want something bad enough, you can make it happen with hard work && determination.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• yes. i wanted to graduate college in 4 years (which at at my school w/ my major is rare) even though i switched majors 3 times. so i sucked it up & took 20 credits (6 classes) every semester for 2 years just to graduate on time. i wanted it badly but had to work my butt off for it.

but also no. i want nice smooth acne-free skin. i have tried everything & spent money on countless products & prescriptions. nothing's ever worked for more than a few months. its just something i have to deal with.

so i think you can work really hard to get just about anything you want, but some things we just have to accept as being unchangeable.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• kinda..I believe if you declare it it will happen..like if you say it out loud and really beleive it..then it will
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• so....wanting to get pregnant lol.....and wanting us to keep custody of my step kids....and my husband being safe on his deployment.....if i want them bad enough?
    lovedwifey1708

Answer by lovedwifey1708 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Generally yes... But you have to be practical about your wishes too though. If you want to be a queen, I don't think it really matters how hard you wish or how much you truely believe it can happen, if you are a poor girl from the valley, you are never gonna be a queen...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Yes it can ...
    wow I cant believe you said that Sabrina... about the poor girl never becoming queen...
    because it can happen.especially in God's kingdom!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• if it's in line with the word of God. The Bible Says He will give you the desires of your heart.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I agree with Sabrina.
    But also, sometimes it is possilbe to trick yourself into thinking you got what you wanted when you really didnt.
    My sister did this. Her and DH were TTC. My sister REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted a baby. Well, eventually she started having symptoms. Missed period. Sore breasts. Morning sickness. ect ect. ...As soon as she took a pregnancy test (okay ...more like 5 and then a blood test) the symptoms went away. huh. go figure.
    (she did eventually get pregnant. The misscarried. and got pregnant again a few months later. I know have a very beautiful 6yr old nice)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Not without taking active steps to achieve your goal.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2009