Pain on left side of abdomen?

I delivered my baby 3 weeks ago. I suddenly got a pain in the left side of my abdomen about level with my bellybutton but on the far left side. It is dull and achy and almost makes me walk hunched off to the side because it is worse when I stand up straight. Is there anything you can think of that might cause this and possibly relate to postpartum?
Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Health

• not post-partum, but sounds very similiar to the pains and way i felt when i had kidney stones. either way, call the dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I cannot think of anything post partum related. I'm not thinking they are kidney stones either. I've had those and you'd be nausea and in so much pain you wouldn't hesitate to go to the ER. Could it be a "stitch" in your side, just a muscle spasm type thing? If so, drink plenty of water and stretch and see if that helps. If it continues I would call the dr

Answer by admckenzie at 2:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2009