If you had a c-section...

How long before your incision was no longer red/irritated/hurting?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have had 2 c-sections my last one 3 years ago i think it was a month or 2 before it ws not red antmore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I've had 2.. at least 7 to 8 weeks before i was normal on the inside.. the outside healed quicker!
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Hi my name is Veronica and I had 2 c-sections. My OBG told me that in order to have your incision completly heal it can take up to a whole year. In my case on my both c-section it took at least 2 months for the irritation to go away but the pain still a little longer specially on my 2nd c-section. It has been 9 months already and if I apply pressure or heavy weight on that area I still hurting
    I hope this answer helps you : )
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I had my little girl just over 2 years ago and I still feel pain from mine, where I got my stitches often hurts when I touch it!
    determind

Answer by determind at 1:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I had a c about 19 mos ago (almost 20) and it was ok after maybe the first month or two.. perfectly fine as far as not red and shrunk a LOT at 6 months. I still have no feeling but pain on the inside. My MIL had one 23 years ago and still feels sore here and there from it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I had a C-Section almost three months ago. It's still kind of pink at the incision site, but that's most from strech marks (blech!). It's still very tender, and sometimes I'll get little stinging sensations for a few seconds. It'll be sore and tender for quite a while, and like Vero529 said, it can take up to a whole year for it to heal.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 4:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• had one 4 weeks ago and it is no longer red or hurting. It would have healed quicker but it got infected.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 11:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2009