My BIL cheated on my sister.

And I am pissed. They are both in law enforcement and word got around to her that he was seeing a FRIEND of hers! Disgusting.I don't know what to say to her. What do I say to her? I know there is nothing I can do to make her feel better, but she is my sister, I love her and I want to know what should I say or do?. Suggestions PLEASE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Do nothing but be her sister. No..I'm sorry..No attacking the sob bil...Just be there when she needs you.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 11:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Nothing.....manage your own feelings(the angry ones) by yourself and she will probably let you know what she needs from you. Let them work it out, it's theirs to deal with. Just be there for her if she needs it(I'm sure she will)Yes, even the cops cheat at times, they are humans with weaknesses too. Not condoning it, just pointing out.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• do not say anything. Just let her do the talking.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• The only thing you can do for your sister is be there for her - lend her a shoulder to cry on if needed, etc.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't yet. You just heard that through the grapevine. It doesn't mean it's true. It should come straight from the horses mouth.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'd probably ask how things were going and let her take the lead. If she says oh fine, then you say well that's good to hear and change the subject. That you asked will let her know the door is open if she needs some help or to talk. If she tells you about the problem, then listen and go from there.

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• my sister has been with her bf for 10 years, she refuses to marry him, thankfully. they have two beautiful boys and he cheats on her all the time. He has done it so much that she just says she doesnt want to know about it as long as he doesnt leave her. She has low self esteem and always tells me she hates him, but wont leave him. after all this time, theres not really much to say to her at this point that hasnt already been said. SO just wait for your sister to come to you. dont attack your BIL because although it hurts your sister, she may not leave him, then your attack will have ostrasized you from your sister and it will make things harder for you all to get along (trust me!) just let her know your there for her when ever she needs you.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Steff, I am not an idiot, I KNOW cops cheat. My post didn't imply otherwise. I am saying they work closely together (she is a court clerk, he is a state trooper and security guard). This had gotten around her job. THis is affecting her in many ways.
    Anonymous