What is the one thing you regret doing as a parent? Did you forgive yorself?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i regret going after my ex for child support!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I yelled "are you stupid?" at my son when he was about 2. I had no patience back then, and so being a first time mom was very trying. No, I never have forgiven myself, and that is probably why he is able to get so much even now, at age 10. I still feel guilty. (He has no recollection of the event, of course, but that doesn't make me feel any better about it).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I regret taking my son to "that" babysitter. I regret ever going back to work, I have never and will never really forgive myself. I know I am not the one that inflicted the traumatic brain injury, but feel it was somewhat my fault for leaving him with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I regret yelling and spanking my girls bumms when they were younger (they are adults and teens now). They laugh about it and told me they laughed after I left the room once I was done giving them a swat on their bumm, but I feel wicked bad about it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I feel bad about smoking while I was pregnant....
    I don't think I'll ever forgive myself even though my baby came out healthy.
    I should have been more of a mommy to my baby while he was growing up in my tummy.
    Anonymous