I need help asap, could be a medical issue, I dont know!

I am debating on taking payson (9 months) to the er...

First its a holiday weekend so a doctor visit is out of the question.

Ok so the problem. The left side of his face is really really red compared to the other side of it, and his chest nipple the left one is really really bright red almost like a cherry, where the other half of his body is normal color. Anyone know what this could be? Should i take him to the er? I am so clueless. I dont want it to be something bad and go to bed and wake up and something happen that I could of prevented. but I dont want to go to the er and it be nothing and waste their time, and government money. (medicaid) So please help!!

charrisse

Asked by charrisse at 1:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it possible he is sunburned? Maybe only exposure on his left side sometime today? Did he eat anything different that might have caused an allergy? Is it warm to the touch? Is is like a rash? Can you see any bite marks?
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Call...the...doctor...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I take my dd in for everything.... i'm on government insurance as well (military) and use it whenever I dont' know if there is something wrong or not! Better safe then sorry and it sounds weird!! They might just send him right home and say call a dr but then you know it's nothing serious that is going around! IMO....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Just call the doctor and ask... there is someone on call even if the clinic is closed.. then they can help you from there. (stay on the line even if the message says the clinic is closed, someone should answer)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:27 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'd call the triage line at the hospital or the doctor at all at his doctor's office before taking him to the ER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Any grumpyness or fever the last week or so? It could be 5ths disease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I saw something like this on Mystery Diagnosis. Is he in pain? Does it stay red all the time?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Call the doctor. If the doctor doesn't have an "on call" line for after hours, it's time to find a new doctor!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Could it just be heat rash? How long has it been there? After noticing it I would wait 2-3 hours and see if it changes (assuming there's no fever involved). Especially if he just woke up he might have been sleeping on that side. My lo gets heat rash all the time and it looks like something to freak out about, but then it goes away quickly. If his skins feels warm take off his clothes and turn on a fan to cool him down.
    Anonymous

• Could it be possible that he was laying on that side. I am sure that you have figured out by now what the problem is. I know that if my son lays on his side and its warm/hot then that side of his body will be a bit warm to the touch and red but eventually he will turn back to a normal color. Please let us know that he is ok and what cause it.

Also as some said you can call the doctor's office and there is always a doctor on call. I used to work for an answering service and after hours we would answer the phone and either connect the call through to the on call doctor or page them and they would call the patient back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2009