Why do parents let their teenager daughters dress like tramps?

Am I the only one that thinks teenage girls dress like tramps? I was out with my son and seen some of his classmates and they looked like they should be on a street corner. Why would parents buy these clothes for their daughters? Really, am I stuck in a different time zone?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lol I know what you mean! I gave the girl next door all my shorts. I saw her today and her @$$ was hanging out. You could almost see the whole cheek. I didn't realize she was that much taller than me. I asked her dad what he thought of them and he said "hey we got free dinner at stake and shake" WTF!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My SIL walks around like hooker. She is only 14 and dresses like she needs to be on 8th and Prospect!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Thank god I don't have a hooker...errr I mean daughter
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Starefire...I am very glad I don't have a daughter either...or she would be very uncool..LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Ugghh! The stores don't help at all though. That's practically all they stock now!
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 3:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Hell ya she would! So would mine!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Those bratz dolls don't help either
    Starfire73

• We call the bratz "Prosta-tots"
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My 15 year old wants to dress trashy all the time because she has friends who do. No daughter of mine is wearing the clothes she has in mind - no way! She was borrowing some clothing I don't approve of from one of her friends and she was wearing them under her regular school clothes one day, but I caught her and made her change. I then checked under her clothes again and looked in her bookbag. I even watched her walk down the street to the bus stop to be sure she didn't throw them out her window so she could pick them up and go! I know all the tricks...lol.
    Of course, she got very angry and she gets even angrier when I insist to see every article of clothing on her to be sure it fits correctly, but too bad, I'm the mom and I do what I feel is right.
    I don't dress her like a nerd, preppy, or old lady, I do make sure she has some "in style" things, but nothing trashy or suggestive.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Another thing, if we go to pick up one of her friends or a friend comes to the house wearing an inappropriate outfit, I send them back inside or to their home to change into something more respectful.
    I explain to them that my husband and I do not want to see the majority of their bodies and they can save those outfits for other places.
    They tend to go with the flow and ultimately respect my wishes - it's either change or you aren't welcome in my home or vehicle - and don't say much about it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2009