What's a good shopping list?

What are items that you can't live without when you are cooking? Items to always have on hand. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Spices, butter, olive oil, onion, pepper, garlic minces, s&p, cheese, meat, macaroni, eggs, flour, sugar, milk, That's all that I can think of right now oh shit, k-up, mayo, mustard,
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Spices, onions, celery, carrots, ketchup, mustard, Miracle whip, cans of tomato & cream of mushroom & cream of chicken soups, pasta, rice, lentils, tomato sauce/paste, diced tomatoes, ground beef or turkey, a chicken or two, cans of tuna, frozen veggies, apples & bananas, vegetable oil, eggs, flour/sugar/baking powder & soda, margarine/butter, vinegar, oatmeal, beef & chicken instant boullion.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• salt, pepper, garlic, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vinegar, vegetable oil, olive oil, milk, butter, cinnamon, powdered sugar, brown sugar, eggs, seasoned salt, for when I am cooking, I use these all the time.

Things I have on hand for meals are canned tuna, catsup, mustard, chicken, ground turkey, cheese, parmesan cheese, box of spaghetti, box of elbow macaroni, jar of spaghetti sauce, can of tomato sauce, some cans of assorted soups, can of ravioli, cans of vegetables and fruits, box of cake mix, box of powdered cocoa, pure vanilla flavoring, peanut butter, crackers, bread, jam, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, box of cereal, honey.

Answer by Bmat at 8:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have the usual as PP listed but what I do with my shopping list is, I make a menu for the week and then make a list of the stuff I need to make all the meals. It helps me to cook sometimes even when I don't want to because I know that I have everything for that meal. It also helps me not to buy doubles of stuff. If I check my pantry and fridge as I make my list, I don't end up with 3 bottles of syrup and no mustard.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Brown rice, ginger, garlic, assorted frozen veggies, lettuce, fresh and frozen fruits, soy sauce, agave/maple syrup, lemon juce, dehydrated refried beans, assorted canned and dried beans, dried lentils, whole wheat pastry flour, whole grain bread, whole wheat and corn tortillas, pirate booty, mustard, ketchup, chickpeas, cumin, olive oil, sea salt, cayenne pepper, chili pepper, peanut butter, chili paste, assorted whole wheat pastas, oatmeal, assorted milks, cheeses, annies whole wheat bunnies, assorted cold cereals, yogurt, eggs, coffee, broccoli slaw, dried cranberries, chocolate, whole grain pancake mix, sour cream, hot sauce, soy sauce, cinnamon, vanilla, pasta sauce
    Before you go to the grocery store, write out all of your meals and snacks for the next 8 days; base your shopping list on what you need to prepare those foods. If you need suggestions for tasty, healthy, budget and family friendly meals, please contact me.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I shop daily so every day is different. I never know what I am making until that day. We all take turns choosing dinner.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Usually my shopping list is different from week to week, but my main staples that I have to get every time I go shopping are:

onions, fresh garlic, bell peppers, banana peppers, skinless boneless chicken breast, boston butt, hamburger meat, bacon, eggs, milk, sliced cheese, shredded cheese, blue corn chips, black bean white corn salsa, tortillas, shredded hashbrowns for casseroles, celery, etc etc etc

Those are the things that I normally always get, then some special items for whatever new recipe I'm trying.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have a folder with everything that I have cooked for my family..in the front is the list of all the recipes inside. So, my menu takes only 5 minutes to make for a 2 week menu. I have everything on hand if not then it is on my grocery list. Because of my wipe it, and write it down I am able to keep everything I need on hand. If I take it out and I use it or it is low it will go my grocery list then I wipe the area it was on. But even if I do not need it I still buy flour and bread yeast.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 4:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have to have seasonings like salt pepper,taco seasoning,knor,onionseggs,tomatoes,cilantro,garlic,bell peppers,cheese,potatoes,bell peppers,beans,vegetalbe oil,butter,milk,bread,
    Anonymous